This morning, as I started off with my regular routine beginning with coffee and moving onto WordPress, I happened to receive a notification from Arpita, an amazing blogger and a beautiful person who writes for Scribbles@Arpita and has also published a novel titled Bound by Life.
She nominated me for the Infinity Dreams Award and I accept it with heartfelt gratitude and honor! Thank you so much for this nomination Arpita and I urge all my fellow bloggers to head right away to her blog and enjoy her brilliant reads!
The rules go like this:
1.Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2.Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3.Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4.Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 facts about me:
- I started off with public speaking and everyone around me knew I was going to end up being a reporter right in front of the camera. But I’ve just found out that that’s not what I want and I feel writing is the best thing that has ever happened to me!
- I’ve been told on one hand, that I’m way too mature for my age (which I guess is said in a good way) but on the other hand they say I must “act” my age more often. I don’t know what they really mean by “act” my age ‘coz that’s practically impossible!
- People call me a Grammar Nazi but I realized off late that I make at least ten grammatical and many more punctuation mistakes in a paragraph I write!
- When I’m frustrated about something and I let it out while talking, people would often mistake my tears to be a sign of my weakness… but whenever I pour out the same frustration into a post, no matter how hard I cry, readers still consider me a strong person! 🙂
- I had a plan for after graduation – apply for a reporter’s job at a local newspaper, work for a year or two and then apply for higher studies. But as of now, none of it seems to be working out! Thank God! 😛
- I’m the second child in my family, which means I’m subject to stressful situations by default… If I speak in favour of my logical mother and get praised in return, I am the pampered one. And if I support my older sibling, it means I’m being influenced. Well, basically, after 22 years of my life, I would completely agree if a 2 year old told me I didn’t have a mind of my own! 😛
- I didn’t know I’d ever fall in love with writing! I never saw that coming. But now, my days are beautiful and nights are warm. I hope I never leave it!
- I can drink coffee, tea, redbull, water, soda, and anything else you’d give me if you said I won’t be sleeping after having it. I’m a heavy sleeper but I don’t enjoy sleeping! I always feel the need to be in unvarying consciousness and experience every single thing big and small! I know… I don’t get it either!
- I love reading… but not romantic novels. Anything else can be savored with a lot of enjoyment!
- I love watching movies of Robbin Williams! Always had a way of story-telling… his expressions were so catchy! Of all, my favorites are Patch Adams, Good Will Hunting and Jumanji!
- I hope that someday I’d be able to write a book. Don’t know what I’d write about or who I’d write about. But there’s just that one sincere wish in the tiny corner of my mind! Hope it does work out! 🙂
In response to Arpita’s 11 questions, these are my answers:
- Tell me, in one sentence, what is your blog about?
The Idler Channel is an escape route into a world where it’s not important to have a specialty to yourself and you can be everything and nothing at the same time!
- Who is your best friend?
I do have a constant friend – she’s been with me through middle school and contuse to be the only friend without whom I can’t get through a week! I don’t know if she’s the best friend I have, ‘coz I don’t know how to describe what best is… but she’s my constant and I love her way too much! 🙂
- Do you have pets?
No! Although I do want to, at some point in my entire lifetime, have a dog – a Golden Retriever – who’ll be called Fudge! 😀
- If you could meet one person from any period in history (it may even be fictional), who would it be?
- What is the sweetest thing someone ever did for you?
Well, my Mom took the trouble of giving birth to me while she almost died… that’s pretty sweet! 🙂
- Which were the best years of your life – childhood, youth or whichever age you’re now?
Can’t choose… but I guess each phase of my life had some pretty beautiful memories that I’d want to keep forever!
- Do you suffer from any kind of phobia?
I guess not!
- Can you spend the day without looking at the clock?
It did take me a long time to get to a no-watch phase which I’m successfully continuing but I think I do need to know the time at least at one point in a day!
- Which is the cutest animal that you’ve ever seen for real?
- Do wishes come true?
Depends… that’s where your head bangs a wall that stands in between being realistic and unrealistic!
- The last but not the least, the classic one: Love is ……………
A feeling that begins from me and ends at me 🙂
I further nominate 11 wonderful bloggers:
- Only 100 Words
- A Lady & Gaming
- A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales
- Sarah’s Attic of Treasures
- Zen and Π
- Poetic Travel Guy
- My Enduring Bones
- Edwina’s Episodes
- Homesteading on 4D Acres
- Musings on Whatever
My 11 questions for the chosen ones are:
1.If you get a chance to take out one word from the Oxford (or any other) dictionary, what would that word be?
2. Do wishes come true?
3. Has trusting another ever taken a toll on you or has it been awarding? (you can answer with just “taken a toll” or “awarding”)
4. If you could meet one person from any period in history, who would it be?
5. Out of a scrapbook of personal memories, a handwritten book of stories and the last ever published copy of your favourite novel, what’s that one thing you’d save, had your house or any space you keep these stuff in, was burning down?
6. What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when I say the word ‘Candle’?
7. How would you spend a typical weekday?
8. If there’s one ‘Why?’ you’d want to ask the universe, what’s it about?
9. “Writing can help revive life” – what or who would you want to revive with your writing?
10. Would you want to or have you ever published a novel. What’s that about?
11. Words are ……….?
This is probably the longest post I have and am ever going to publish! But I would definitely love to see all the nominated ones participate!
Thank you once again to the one who nominated me!
Happy blogging! 🙂